SEW YOUR STYLE COMPETITION 2020
- Vintage Revival: Can’t resist the glamour of a retro garment? Here’s your chance to show us your favourite style of the past.
- Refashion: Get creative and up-cycle a denim jacket into another garment for your wardrobe.
- Eye for Detail: Love ruffles, pinticks or other sewing techniques, then WOW us with your fabric manipulation.
- Sew Colour Block: It’s one thing matching colurs, but mixing them can create fab results. We’re looking for stunning dresses made with colour-blocking!
A panel of sewing industry judges will cast their votes in the lead up to the show.
Don’t miss the ‘Sew Your Style’ gallery where all entries will be displayed on a photo gallery at Sewing for Pleasure in Birmingham (Thursday 19th – Sunday 22nd March 2020). We’ll also have a special display of the winners of each category for visitors to admire!
- Choose your entry category
- Fill out the form below to register your entry
- Get to work and create a fab piece sewn by you!
- Once your garment is completed, email one high-res photograph of it (preferably on you) by Friday 31st January 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name clearly shown on the file image (and not in the photograph). You will then receive a confirmation email, a complimentary ticket to attend the show and a discount code for 2 for 1 tickets for family and friends.
The top 10 shortlisted entries will be contacted from each category and they will be required to post their entry to ICHF Events by Thursday 27th February 2020 latest.
We have a panel of sewing industry judges standing by to cast their votes in the lead up to the show.
If you have a technical question about your entry and need guidance, please contact Julie Bonnar on Julie@thepatternpages.com
There are 13 prizes up for grabs worth over £3,000.
1ST PRIZES FROM JANOME
Vintage Revival: Sewist 725S
Eye for Detail: Coverpro 2000CPX
Refashion – Sewing machine 230DC
Sew a Colour Block Dress: Overlocker 9300DX
2ND PRIZE FROM HANTEX
2m of fabric, an indie sewing pattern and a Sew to Grow Fashion Ruler – all you need to make a garment from start to finish!
12 sewing patterns from Butterick and New Look
BEST IN SHOW
Madeira Thread Treasure Chest of Aerofil sewing threads
Winners will be announced on 19th March 2020 in the afternoon on the catwalk at the NEC as well as across our social media channels post judging. The 12 winning pieces will tour our 2020 shows.
Competition Terms & Conditions
Employees of ICHF Events and The Pattern Pages are not eligible to enter.
The closing date for entry is Friday 31st January 2020 – for form submissions and supporting photo. No late entries will be accepted.
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges and their decision is final.
Entrants are allowed to enter more than one category but only one make per category.
Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
By entering this competition you indicate your acceptance of the T&Cs and give permission for ICHF Events and The Pattern Pages to publish your entries in print, online and on social media.
The winning garments will be kept by the organisers to be used for display purposes and tour the ICHF calendar of events. They will then be returned to the owners.
COMPETITION CLOSING DATE
Friday 31st January 2020
Shortlisted entrants: will be contacted by daytime telephone number or email to arrange for the garment to be sent in to ICHF Events, Dominic House, Seaton Road, Highcliffe, Dorset, BH23 5HW. To be received at the above address no later than Thursday 27th Febuary 2020.