SEW YOUR STYLE 2019
Sew the ’60s: If you love the styles from the past then here’s your chance to sew something from this swinging decade.
Eye for Detail: WOW us with a beautiful garment that shows off your sewing skills. We’re looking for clever shaping and gorgeous finishing.
Refashion: Share how you’ve revamped an old garment into a much-loved new piece for your wardrobe
Trendmaker: Stitch up your take on a must-have fashion trend that’s going to be big for 2019. Here’s headlining inspiration – skirt suit, cargo trousers, ruched garments, asymmetrical hems or tie-dye is back – you choose!
A panel of sewing industry judges will cast their votes in the lead up to the show.
Don’t miss the ‘Sew Your Style’ gallery where all entries will be displayed on a photo gallery at the Creative Craft Show in Birmingham (Thursday 14th – Sunday 17th March 2019). We’ll also have a special display of the winners of each category for visitors to admire!
How to enter:
1. Choose your entry category
2. Fill out the form below to register your entry
3. Get to work and create a fab piece sewn by you!
Once your garment is completed, email one high-res photograph of it (preferably on you) by Friday 1st February 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name clearly shown on the file image (and not in the photograph). You will then receive a confirmation email, a complimentary ticket to attend the show and a discount code for 2 for 1 tickets for family and friends.
The top 10 shortlisted entries will be contacted from each category and they will be required to post their entry to ICHF Events by Thursday 28th February 2019 latest.
We have a panel of sewing industry judges standing by to cast their votes in the lead up to the show.
If you have a technical question about your entry and need guidance, please contact Julie Bonnar on Julie@thepatternpages.com
There are 13 prizes up for grabs worth £3,750+. Each category will be awarded 3 prizes plus one entry will be named Best in Show!
Sew the 60s: Janome DKS30SE
Eye for Detail: New Janome 4300QDC
Refashion: Janome Overlocker 6234XL
Trendmaker: Janome 230DC
A selection of 3m of fabric from Art Gallery Fabrics, Modelo Fabrics and Cloud9 courtesy of Hantex plus a one year’s subscription to The Pattern Pages digital dressmaking magazine and £50 worth of Netprinter vouchers.
Trendmaker category only – A Korbond Burlington sewing basket filled with Care & Repair workshop tools.
12 sewing patterns from Simplicity and McCalls
BEST IN SHOW
Madeira Thread Treasure Chest
Winners will be announced on 17th March 2019 in the afternoon on the catwalk at the NEC. The 12 winning pieces will tour our 2018 shows and a Visitors Favourite announced at each venue that will be shared on social media post show.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Employees of ICHF Events and The Pattern Pages are not eligible to enter.
- The closing date for entry is Friday 1st February 2019 at 1pm – for form submissions and supporting photo. No late entries will be accepted.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges and their decision is final.
- Entrants are allowed to enter more than one category but only one make per category.
- Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- By entering this competition you indicate your acceptance of the T&Cs and give permission for ICHF Events and The Pattern Pages to publish your entries in print, online and on social media.
- The winning garments will be kept by the organisers to be used for display purposes and tour the ICHF calendar of events. They will then be returned to the owners.
COMPETITION CLOSING DATE
Friday 1st February 2019
Shortlisted entrants: will be contacted by daytime telephone number or email to arrange for the garment to be sent in to ICHF Events, Dominic House, Seaton Road, Highcliffe, Dorset, BH23 5HW. To be received at the above address no later than Thursday 28th Febuary 2019.