SEW YOUR STYLE 2018
The Creative Craft Show is launching a brand new competition to celebrate all the budding dressmakers out there. Sew Your Style is brought to you in association with The Pattern Pages and is a chance for you to show us your unique style, flair and creativity.
- Vintage – Make a garment which reflects an era from the past and shows off your personality.
- All in the Detail – Sew a special occasion garment that has the WOW factor, we’ll be looking for clever construction, great shaping and beautiful detail such as pleats and pintucks.
- Refashion – Raid your partner’s wardrobe, visit a charity shop or up-cycle a plain shirt into a something amazing. Show us how creative you can be!
- Accessorise – The skies the limit here! Stitch a stunning bag, make a beautiful piece of jewellery, corsage or hair decoration. The choice is yours.
A panel of sewing industry judges will cast their votes in the lead up to the show.
Don’t miss the ‘Sew Your Style’ gallery where all entries will be displayed on a photo gallery at the Creative Craft Show in Birmingham (Friday 29th June – Sunday 1st July, 2018). We’ll also have a special display of the winners of each category for visitors to admire!
How to enter:
- Choose your entry category
- Fill out the form below to register your entry.
- Get to work and create a fab piece sewn by you!
- Once your garment is completed, email one high-res photograph of it (preferably on you) by Friday 1st June at 1pm to email@example.com, with your name clearly shown in the photograph. You will then receive a confirmation email, a complimentary ticket to attend the show and a discount code for 2 for 1 tickets for family and friends.
The top 10 shortlisted entries will be contacted from each category and they will be required to post their entry to ICHF Events by Thursday 21st June 2018 latest.
We have a panel of sewing industry judges standing by to cast their votes in the lead up to the show.
If you have a technical question about your entry and need guidance, please contact Julie Bonnar on Julie@thepatternpages.com
- Each category will be awarded 3 prizes plus one entry will be named Best in Show winner!
- Win prize packages worth £2500+ and include sewing machines (M200 sewing machine for In Detail winner, 9300D 3/4 thread overlocker for Refashion winner and M100 series sewing machine for Accessories winner) and more from Janome, New Look, Hantex, Sewing Quarter and Netprinter.
- Winners will be announced on Sunday 1st July at 2pm. The 12 winning pieces will tour our 2018 shows and a Visitors Favourite announced at each venue that will be shared on social media post show.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Employees of ICHF Events and The Pattern Pages are not eligible to enter.
- The closing date for entry is Friday 1st June 2018 at 1pm- for form submissions and supporting photo. No late entries will be accepted.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges and their decision is final.
- Entrants are allowed to enter more than one category but only one make per category.
- Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- By entering this competition you indicate your acceptance of the T&Cs and give permission for ICHF Events and The Pattern Pages to publish your entries in print, online and on social media.
- The winning garments will be kept by the organisers to be used for display purposes and tour the ICHF calendar of events. They will then be returned to the owners.
COMPETITION CLOSING DATE
Friday 1st June 2018
Shortlisted entrants: will be contacted by daytime telephone number or email to arrange for the garment to be sent in to ICHF Events, Dominic House, Seaton Road, Highcliffe, Dorset, BH23 5HW. To be received at the above address no later than Thursday 21st June 2018.